June 30, 2012

Of Atheism and Self-righteous People


I wasn't planning to post something tonight. My night's schedule was full of "Sign Up on these sites" and "Watch these videos on YouTube." And then I saw something in my Facebook Newsfeed. The post wasn't even eye-catching, but for some reason, I found my self clicking something that would change my priority to-do's tonight.

It was a screen capture of a YouTube comment of someone's comment on YouTube. It says, "God doesn't exist. Even if he did. He's an asshole." (That's it, word for word, letter for letter, and punctuation for punctuation.)

That wasn't the big deal. What I was then curious of was what the near two-thousand and hundred comments say.

The comment box was full of hate comments, with words like stupid, fuck you, ape, and mental. Trust me, there were so many harsh words, I gave up reading after the fifth comment.
Now, even if we note that this YouTube guy was the first one to drop a harsh words regarding these thousand of people's religion, did the comments on the screen capture show a high, or higher, state of intellect? Clearly, without debate, we can all say "No" to that.

See, the problem when everyone is talking about religion, and there are two opposing opinions, one or both side become noncivilized, nonrefined, and seemingly mal-educated.

It's okay to be defend your religion, but do it as tact as possible.

Published on Tumblr last May 29th, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment